Deep TMS Lincoln, Nebraska Patient Testimonial Video
Premier Psych TMS is the first location in the United States to have the Brainsway Deep TMS system. We provide this treatment in Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska.
Premier Psych and Brainsway Featured on Star City Health Website
Check out the Link!
What is Deep TMS Therapy?
* Deep TMS Therapy is a non-pharmacological treatment (no medication.)
* FDA-approved for the treatment of depression.
* It is safe, effective, and non-invasive.
* Deep TMS Therapy uses magnetic pulses to stimulate parts of the brain associated with depression and other brain disorders.
* In depressed patients, parts of the frontal lobe of the brain can be stimulated with a focused magnetic field resulting in a significant improvement in mood, drive, energy, and sense of well-being.
What are the benefits of Deep TMS Therapy?
* Effective * Non-Pharmacologic (no medication) * Non-Invasive * No anesthesia required * Outpatient Procedure * No sedation * No muscle relaxer needed * Return to daily activities almost immediately * No memory loss *
How does Deep TMS Therapy work?
* Repetitive magnetic pulses non-invasively penetrate through the skull and into the the cortex stimulating nerve cells in the brain. These nerve cells are found to be underactive in patients with depression.
* With Deep TMS, the magnetic pulses induce tiny electrical charges that can cause the nerve cells to increase their level of activity. When a certain threshold of increased activity of the nerve cells is achieved, the outward signs of mood improve, and patients experience higher energy levels and an increased sense of well-being.
Are there side effects to Deep TMS Therapy?
* During Deep TMS Therapy, you may experience headaches as well as some scalp discomfort, which often improve after further treatments and can be remedied with an over-the-counter analgesic such as Ibuprofen.
How long is Deep TMS treatment?
* One Deep TMS therapy session lasts approximately 30 minutes. The standard course of treatment consists of five sessions per week over a four to six week period.
Insurance coverage for Deep TMS Therapy
* Deep TMS Therapy is covered by most major insurance carriers.
* As part of our commitment to the enormous benefits of Deep TMS Therapy, Premier Psychiatric Group will assist you in obtaining coverage for Deep TMS Therapy through your insurance company or other finance options.
Preparations for Deep TMS Therapy for Depression
* On treatment days you can perform your normal daily activities prior to treatment, including driving to the Premier Psychiatric Group offices and eating and drinking. You will be able to drive after your treatment also.
* It is advisable to check with your physician first before discontinuing any medication, including blood pressure and heart medication, as well as any medication for pain and anxiety.
* Please bring with you a complete list of all your medications including over-the-counter medications, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements and vitamins, as well as medications taken on an occasional basis.
Your First Treatment Session
* From your first day of treatment, our friendly and highly trained staff will make you feel welcome.
* Your first Deep TMS Therapy session will last more than an hour and a half.
* Your physician will perform a test to identify your motor threshold. This is the amount of magnetic field strength applied that results in an involuntary movement of your right hand. This test identifies the magnetic field strength which will be used for the treatment.
* The technologist will seat you comfortably in a Deep TMS chair and then administer the treatment over a 30 minute period.
* During therapy, you will hear a repetitive clicking sound that mimics a tapping sensation on your scalp. This is the magnet stimulating the targeted area to restore it to normal function and lift your depression.
* All Deep TMS sessions are overseen by the main psychiatrist at Premier Psychiatric Group.